Recipe – Stuffed Peppers with Ground Chicken
I recently downloaded a new iPhone app called Lose It, to track my daily calorie intake. And what I’ve noticed, is that while the meals I make are reasonably nutritionally balanced, I’m killing myself with snacking later because I don’t always feel full when we’re done. So, to combat that, Vita and I are making some really hearty meals, including these awesome stuffed peppers.
They’re easy to make, albeit a tad time consuming. Since you’re getting a whole bell pepper, you’re getting a lot of veggies, and the ground chicken with melted Parmesan is really warming. Here’s how you make it.
- 1 lb. Fresh Ground Chicken
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1/2 cup chopped Spanish onion
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (gluten free)
- 4 medium sized red, green or yellow peppers
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a pan; add garlic, onion, ginger and ground chicken; cook until chicken is cooked through and white in color.
2. Drain any grease from the pan add tomato paste, water and soy sauce.
3. Cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
4. Cut the tops off of the peppers; remove the seeds and the white inner fleshy parts (veins).
5. Stuff each pepper with the cooked chicken mixture, sprinkle stuffed peppers with Parmesan cheese. We layer our cheese throughout, building it the same way you would a layer cake.
6.Place your peppers on a non-stick baking sheet and bake at 325°F, until they are brown or the cheese melts (about 30 minutes).
Makes 4 servings.
Total Fat: 19g
Sat. Fat: 8g
They’re absolutely fantastic and impossible to screw up.