Recipe – Wingless Buffalo Bleu Pizza
So, it’s week two of my new Sunday feature, Gourmet from the Tailgate. and while my Lions are back to showing their true colors (0-2), I scored big with my wife with this week’s Sunday offering for watching our lowly Detroiters.
When I was still laying in bed Sunday morning I was dreaming of buffalo wings and then drifted to pizza. And where I ended up was just combining the two together. I had seen some of the delivery joints offering pizzas similar to this, but I was sure they weren’t using Danish Bleu or the scallions that I had in mind. Believe me, you can get this done in 45 minutes, which we both now is about how long you’re going to wait for delivery during peak hours during football Sundays.
- 1 large boneless chicken breast
- 1.5 large scallions diced
- 1/4 cup Danish bleu cheese
- 1 large Boboli pizza crust (you can always make your own, but I love these when pre-game is on!)
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
1. Slice chicken into thin pieces and toss them in salt and pepper. Preheat oven and pizza stone to 450 degrees.
2. In a medium sized skillet, saute chicken for a few minutes. Don’t cook it all the way through as it will finish in the oven.
3. Remove pan from heat, allowing chicken to cool. Slice vegetables and add sauce to crust. Add mozzarella cheese and scallions and put the celery aside (Vita reminded me that warm celery is just gross).
4. Put chicken into a zip lock bag or bowl and toss with 1/4 cup of wing sauce. Add chicken and crumbled Danish Bleu to your pizza. I like to drizzle olive oil on the outside edge of the crust and then add garlic salt to the oil. It adds another dimension to the crust.
5. Bake for 12 minutes.
It’s excellent, extra spicy and really, really good. Vita loved it, and I think you guys probably will to. If you do give it a whirl, let me know.