Recipe – Spicy Rosemary Shrimp
I’ve been a very big fan of seafood lately, and since I’ve become dedicated to gluten free I’ve been making lots of it. Tonight, we went with a pre-made Lobster Bisque Soup that we tried (Sam’s Club) and I picked up some fresh shrimp that I briefly sauteed with rosemary and crushed red pepper flakes. It turned out a little bit more lemony than I would have liked, but all in all, I was happy with it.
Personally, I thought the Lobster Bisque (the brand name escapes me) was fantastic. Big chunks of lobster, good color and lots of Italian herbs.
- 1 pound large shrimp (de-veined, peeled, tail on)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (dried is fine)
- 2 teaspoons hot red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
1. To a medium sized skillet, add olive oil and garlic. Saute over medium heat until golden.
2. Add rosemary, pepper flakes, and shrimp, and cook, stirring. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and transfer to serving dish. If you like, add two tablespoons of butter at the very end and allow it to melt in. This creates more of a “sauce” that you can drizzle over your plate. And if I were eating bread still, I’d douse a good crusty piece in it too :).
3. Squeeze half lemon over shrimp.
That’s it, couldn’t be easier. Still, very tasty and super fast for when you’re pinched on time.