Recipe – Slow Cooked Chicken Noodle Soup
Yesterday Vita and I made spätzle and chicken jägerschnitzel. The cooking of the spätzle required 3 quarts of chicken stock and rather than let all that wonderful stock go to waste, I made a VERY slow cooked chicken noodle soup for Souper Sunday.
- 4 quarts of chicken stock
- 1 13 oz. can of shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup of fresh flat leaf parsley chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 8 oz dried wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons of fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons of Old Bay
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place a soup pot over medium high heat and cook until liquid is reduced by 1/3..
2. Add the noodles and vegetables. Bring pot to a simmer for approximately five minutes. Reduce heat and cook for approximately 20 to 30 minutes to allow noodles to cook through.
3. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and fresh black pepper before serving.
And that’s all there is to it. It’s very, very tasty and really simple.