Posts tagged ‘Greek’
Tuesday night was one of those nights that I honestly didn’t have anything planned for dinner. So when Vita sent me a text asking for a meal that she’d originally had at my mother’s house, I took it as a welcome out of having to come up with something original. I made two different meals. For myself, I made a Grilled Greek Chicken Salad. For Vita, simply grilled Greek chicken, grilled veggies and Tzatziki sauce.
The real secret is good chicken breasts and the right blend of Greek spices. The best in my opinion is the blend my mother uses, which we buy at Rafal Spice Company in Detroit’s Eastern Market area. You can order it online here.
- 1/2 Red onion – chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper – Diced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper – Diced
- Black Olives – Diced
- Cherry Tomatoes – Halved
- 2 medium sized chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons of Greek Seasoning Mix
- 4 cups pre-packaged salad mix
- 2 tablespoons low-fat Greek Dressing
- 4 tablespoons Feta cheese
1. Preheat grill pan over medium high heat. As your pan is heating, coat both sides of chicken breasts with the Greek seasoning mix.
2. Dice vegetables and spray grill pan with non-stick spray. Grill chicken four minutes per side and grill veggies until tender. Turn chicken and remove from grill. Allow chicken to rest.
3. Slice chicken and add to salad. Distribute toppings and dress to your liking.
This is so simple and so good. Vita’s dinner is pictured below.
Not really a complex recipe, but it’s really, really tasty. It’s so much more fun to make your own grilled salads anyway.